Monday, April 28, 2014

Interview with Pat Quigley

The goal of this post was to obtain information from a source who had experience in crime and determine if the information provided is credible.

I knew my source prior to the interview. Pat Quigley is my first cousin on my mother's side of the family and I see him once every two or three years. Pat currently works as a Group Supervisor at the Minnesota Sex Offender Program.

In particular, I was intrigued to hear about the support system they have at the MSOP. Pat informed me that they assist the people in getting jobs once they are released from the prison and they have top notch healthcare for the inmates as well. Pat also mentioned that this prison is much more for reform than punishment. Many people believe that the primary purpose for prisons in the United States is to punish people.

Pat seems like a credible source for this interview since he works at a prison. In addition, he worked as a cop for five years in Newark, Delaware. This experience would enable him to shed light on some crime trends also.

I asked Pat if his relationship with criminals had become more personal after asking how his mindset changed from being a police officer to working in a prison. Furthermore, I asked him if he had developed any sympathy for the prisoners at all. I basically learned the way the prison operated, its structure, and how the prison supports its inmates. Moreover, Pat compared his time as a cop to his job at the prison and explained how each was unique.

Interview%20With%20Pat-TRIMMED_AUDIO_FILE_SUFFIX.amr (Part 1)

Interview%20With%20Pat-TRIMMED_AUDIO_FILE_SUFFIX-4.amr (Part 2)




No comments:

Post a Comment